Tuesday, June 10, 2014

When The Last Ship Sails






Lots of progress made on the house yesterday. The Peanut and I worked our tails off, and the clear spaces in her room and the spare room are wonderful.

If we can tackle a room a day, then we'll have a perfectly clean house by next week.  Returning a wee bit of sanity is a good thing, I have to say, and it makes me feel like we are finally getting back to normal here after a long, long slog through one calamity after another, culminating in last year's breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

It is really good to start feeling like myself again.

There will be more work in the house today, hopefully tackling the kitchen this time.  But we'll have to see, as we are having an air conditioner window unit put into The Peanut's bedroom and I don't know what we'll get into with that as the day wears onward.  

When the Tony's were on the other night, Sting performed a number from the musical he has written based on the Soul Cages album.  It has always been one of my favorites of his -- the work is dark and brooding, written after the death of his father, but the lyrics are soulful and soaring and so beautifully referential to Biblical and literary moments that hit at the heart.  Some of his best work, I think.

We're going to have to find a way to get to New York and see this, based on my reaction to the show promotion to date.  You can see some background on it in the YouTube Above -- enjoy!

No comments: