Monday, January 6, 2014

Yikes, Indeed
































Pouring the snow here, cold as all get out and getting colder.  Am just grateful to be inside our snug and cozy house.

Since The Peanut and I had been gone all of last week, the bird feeders had gotten completely emptied.  When I got up this morning, the birdies were pitifully staring into the sun room windows, fluffed out as far as their little feathers would go for insulation, desperately hoping for a human to come to their aid in their hour of feed need.

So, of course, the feeders have been filled and I am now back inside warming my hands on another cuppa coffee.

No school today, so The Peanut and I are home trying to stay warm. 

Roxie, our cheery little westie, is in heaven, because she loves to romp in the snow and sit on laps, and today she gets the best of both worlds.  Yay for doggies.

Now if we can just keep the evil scourge of squirrels at bay from the feeder, her life will be perfect. 

Just based on today's snow and the threat of seriously freezing temperatures to come, I'm guessing no school tomorrow, either.  I just hope the birdseed supply holds out...



(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.)

No comments: