Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Diving In



















When we awakened this morning, it was -8 F.  The sun has been up for a while, it looks warmer outside, and it is:  we've risen to a balmy -6 F.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Dear North Pole, please take your weather back.  Thank you very much.

We'll be staying indoors again today, for self preservation purposes if nothing else.  This is certainly some excellent reading weather, and being covered in dog does add another layer of warmth to the mix that is appreciated at the moment.

It's a beautiful day to be inside and cozy and very, very grateful to the person who invented reliable indoor heating systems.

But while I'm sitting around thinking warm thoughts and trying to stay that way, it occurs to me that I could be using this time for something more productive.  The question is what?   It is as though the cold has dulled my wits, because I feel like I'm stumbling about the last day or so instead of having any clear purpose.

What I need is a plan.


So today shall be devoted to coming up with one:  mapping out the rest of my week and thinking about longer-term goals for the month and even the year and then mapping out how to get from point A to point Z.

Life is usually dragging me along at the speed of a whirlwind, so that planning gets done on the fly if at all.  In this pause of epic weather proportions, why not use it to my advantage and do a little more detailed planning?

Instead of allowing life to live me, I'm hoping I can find a way to order things a bit more so that I'm the one who is living it.  Here goes nothing, anyway:  I'm diving in...

(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith, taken at Sea World on our recent family vacation.  Wish I were back here in these balmy temperatures...)

No comments: