Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Monsters University Rules





The movie is certainly a hoot for the younger set, but I'm talking about actual rules and regs.

After a couple of years of vacant stares and blank faces at a straight up discussion of rules for the school library, I've taken some liberties with stills from Monsters University and crafted a slide presentation on my school mini iPad themed to pix from the movie.  The Librarian in the film was just too fun.

Today is the debut of the newly presented rules.  We'll see if they are more enjoyable to discuss this way.

Part of me is looking forward to the giggles from the kids, and part of me is wondering if the fun of this will ruin the whole "rules" portion of the rules discussion due to said giggling.

Guess we'll see...it's always a fine line between finding a way to teach in an entertaining way and just entertaining without actually teaching, isn't it?

No comments: