Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lost In The Land Of Reading



















Yesterday evening, I went up for bed and saw that The Peanut's light was still on, even though we'd sent her up to bed a little over an hour beforehand.  I opened her door and poked my head in to see why on earth she was still awake.

She emerged from her pillow and blanket nest and smiled at me.  When I asked why she was still awake when it was getting late and she had school in the morning, she said:


Sorry, mom.  I didn't know what time it was.  I was lost in the land of reading.

It was at that moment that I knew I was succeeding on some level as a parent.  You have to love that, don't you?


(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.  These are some dino models on the reference desk at the school library.  More photos of the library here and here.)

No comments: