Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teeny, Tiny Dancer



So...yesterday, The Peanut and I were driving along listening to tunes on my iPhone, and Tiny Dancer comes on.

I'm belting the tune out -- it's catchy, I love to sing it, The Peanut thinks it is a hoot when momma sings, and we're both just happy that I'm back home again -- and she's humming along as well, trying to learn the words.

And then?  There was silence from the back seat for a few seconds.  I'm beginning to wonder what's going on with her, when a wee voice pipes up:

Momma, why does he want to count the head lice on the highway?  That's gross.
I laughed so hard, I almost had to pull over.  Reminded me of the time a dear friend of mine in junior high was trying to figure out why anyone would want asparagus in their cereal bowl.

Ah, lyric confusion.  Too, too funny.  I'm sure you all have some good stories to share on that note...

(Scene from Almost Famous. Song by Elton John.)

No comments: