Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Whew, what a week.  And it's only Wednesday.

Yesterday afternoon, the doll club at The Peanut's school had its last meeting for the year.  We put together a Mad Tea Party for them -- I got to put all of my Alice in Wonderland birthday decor to use again.

The girls had a blast.

I spent the last two days prior to the party making food, including more "Eat Me" cakes.  The Peanut is always ravenous when she gets done with school, so I figured all the other girls would be as well.

Boy, was I right.

So glad I made extra sandwiches and tarts and such, because we went through a whole lot of them.


Today, my car goes in to the shop for a scheduled service and inspection.  Which means I'll drop it off early in the morning, and it will be there all day until Mr. ReddHedd can get me over there to pick it up at some point.

So today will be catch up with the gardening and housework day.   Our house could use some serious decluttering after the long weekend -- The Peanut and her dad played a whole lot of Super Mario Galaxy 2, but weren't exactly doing a lot of cleaning up.

Ever get to the point where the clutter on your flat surfaces is driving you nutso?  I am so there.

And, if I'm really lucky, I'll squeeze in some good writing time.  Which would be fantastic, since I'm about to burst with an idea for the next chapter and haven't had time to get it written down except in scribbled notes which isn't remotely satisfying.

Lots of plans for today, but lord knows how much of them will actually get accomplished.  How are things with you?

(Gorgeous photo via John&Fish.   They've identified it as a Red-headed Babbler -- how adorable.)

No comments: