Saturday, June 7, 2014

Dance Recital Weekend



















I'm not certain whether it is more exhausting to be the dancer or the dancer's momma this weekend, but we are all worn out, with another performance due this evening.

Watching all of these wonderful kids dance is such a pleasure, having gotten to watch all of them grow up right in front of my eyes over the years.  Time does not stand still, even for a momma who wants to keep her baby small for just a little while longer.

As I marvel at the young lady our Peanut has become, and how her gifts have developed and blossomed, I can't help being a little on the proud side of the line. 

It is so wonderful to see her stand so beautifully and confidently on her own two feet, and I cannot wait to see where the next few years will take us down the path. 


(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.)

No comments: