Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Breathing In




















Finally hit the point of diminishing skin returns during radiation, and have taken this week off to try and get some extra sleep and heal. 

You know that feeling you get when you've scraped your skin across an abrasive surface like concrete?  That's where I am with this.  Just wearing clothes is painful at the moment, but I have 8 more treatments to go and I am going to grit my teeth and get through them.

In the meantime,  am trying to find ways to occupy myself in between treatments and naps.  Have been watching lots of movies of late and have begun reading The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. 

I've had lots of the 6th grade girls ask if we can get it for the library, and I wanted to read it first to be sure it was something our little school library wanted.  So far, it is a grabber, and I love her main character, Clary.  We'll see if that holds.  I do try to read most of the new series that are going into the library first so that I can make informed recommendations about the books to kids I think will enjoy them -- it is a lot of reading for me, but worth it when I can match up a specific book to a spcific student.

It feels like I should be tackling any number of things that I've had to put off through the last couple of weeks of increasingly sore skin, but I just cannot possibly get to them right now.  So, instead, I'm having to scramble to find sedentary things to do that will occupy my mind and allow my physical self to heal.

Books and movies.  Movies and books.  There and back again.

What are you reading these days?  Anything good to recommend?  Do tell...


(Gorgeous photo via Eric at EJP Photo.)


No comments: