Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blessings




















Today, I woke up counting my blessings.

It is gloriously sunny and lovely today, and the flowers in our yard are just gorgeous at the moment.  As I took our dog out for her morning business, there was already a yellow swallowtail butterfly on my hanging basket of verbena, which was a lovely way to start my morning.

My family is awesome.  Right now, Mr. ReddHedd is doing a load of laundry and the dishes, and he gives such wonderful hugs.  Our niece, Hannah, is visiting -- and it is so fun to have her around, we are all really enjoying her company.  The Peanut woke up early this morning to read her latest book, because she can't wait to see what happens next.  What's not to love there, right?

My taste buds are still working.  Hallelujah!


Our bird feeders are packed nonstop at the moment.  Nesting season is a lot of calorie-dense work, and I am thrilled to watch all the birdies cavort and wrestle for the preferred seeds of choice just outside my window. 

So many blessings when you take the time to see them and think about them.  Such a better way to start my day, taking the time to really soak them in and savor the joy for a little while.

Try it.  You'll like it.

(Photo via sea turtle.)

No comments: