Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snow Day...Again



















It's another snow day at our house.  No school, icy streets, and a whole lot of sloppy ick to slog through if we go anywhere today.

Which means we'll be staying home if we know what is good for us.

Having a moment of gratitude that I refilled the bird feeder when I did, because the birdies have been gorging themselves for the last few days trying to stay warm and fed.  It's been quite a show out our sun room window, and we've enjoyed it immensely.

There is just something magical about having a tiny window into the natural world...even if it does take the bribery of free seeds and nuts to get them here.


Here's hoping there will be school tomorrow.  My mom bag of tricks for keeping small Peanuts busy is beginning to thin out a bit.  May have to dig into the emergency closet stash o' fun extravaganza today and see what I can pull out for coloring or crafting.

I have been less than diligent in picking things up this year for my emergency fun stash.  The mild early part of the winter lulled me into a false sense of safety.  A good momma ought to know better by now, but here we are.

I sense a puzzle, some coloring and a slew of movies in our future today.  And perhaps some cleaning if I am really lucky.

Oooooh, the excitement.  tee hee

(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.)

No comments: