Monday, September 24, 2012

Walking The Walk





After spending the weekend running around from this to that and back again, I've realized a couple of things:

1.  I am horribly out of shape and I have no energy.

2.  We need to eat more fruits and veggies, because I feel so much better when my diet is more plant-centric.  So more of that, please.

We've been trying to emphasize a healthier diet for The Peanut, who is a little fruit and veggie adverse, quite frankly, due to some food texture issues.  Things like seeds (pretty much any berries, hello!) or bumpy bits (say hello to broccoli and cauliflower) completely squick her out -- we keep trying, but let's just say the food processor and the VitaMix are my friends here.

But it occurs to me that we haven't been setting the best parental example of late, either. 

Things have been so busy at our house that we have been failing to plan and just scrambling to get any food on the table at all.  That's no good.  For any of us.

So today will be all about assessing what we have in the pantry, fridge and freezer, and then trying to plan healthier menus around that with, perhaps, a trip to the store for fresh produce. 


Right now, I'm having a bowl of strawberries, raspberries and Greek yogurt with a small drizzle of honey on it.  Seriously tasty breakfast, I have to say.  Would that I could get everyone else in the family eating this, too.

If I can work a walk into the mix today, I'd love it. 

Imagine actually walking the walk, literally and figuratively.  Now THAT would really be worth celebrating at this house.

(YouTube -- Katrina and the Waves singing Walking on Sunshine.  Kicky tune to start your Monday...)

No comments: