Thursday, September 27, 2012

Super Slow Cooker Soups


























Having spent the last two days teaching, running errands and desperately trying to catch up on laundry, only to find that I've somehow managed to catch a nasty cold, what I want from life is something easy, healthy and soothing for meals the next few days.

Enter my quest for some yummy, hot, comforty goodness in the form of soup.

If I can make it in my slow cooker, so that all I have to do is chop and throw in the ingredients and then spend the rest of the day back in bed while things simmer away without burning?  So much the better.

This time of year, when the mornings are cool and the air has that early crispness, I naturally start to crave a comforting bowl of soup anyway.  But when you add in a stuffy nose and a bit of a fever, it becomes a much more urgent longing.

Here are a few recipes I've come up with for relatively easy soups that will cook up nicely in your crockpot:


-- Spicy Chicken Stew
-- Smoked Turkey Lentil Soup
-- Provencal Beef Stew
-- Southwestern Three-Bean and Barley
-- Rich Chicken Stew

(Photo via Lynn.Gardner.)

No comments: