Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Need A Mom Vacation


















I feel a lazy day coming on today.

Which is unfortunate, considering there is a lot to do around here:  cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, straightening, organizing, laundering, more straightening...you name it.  The usual suspects need to be tackled.

But I am not in the mood for any of it.

Today, I would give a lot to have Winky the House Elf come over so that I could take a vacation from being the mom in charge today. 

Sadly, life doesn't exactly work that way outside of Hogwarts.  Bummer.

Doesn't mean that a girl can't dream over a second cuppa coffee before hoisting up her petard and getting a move on it.  Right?

(Photo via mart3ll.)

1 comment:

Christy Hardin Smith said...

Tally for the day: 2 loads of laundry, 1 load of dishes washed, 2 loads of dishes put away (had one load in the dishwasher that I hadn't gotten to yet...crazy week), grocery shopping completed, some organization in the kitchen achieved, a piano lesson successfully navigated, and several pages of newly laminated bulletin board letters cut out...along with watching a BBC/Michael Palin movie that turned out to be quite decent called "American Friends" (thank you, Netflix!), plus dinner is cooking in the crockpot -- taco filling for some tostadas that I'll cook up in a bit. I think that's a pretty busy day for one that started with me feeling like doing absolutely nothing.

Isn't that always the way?