Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sounds Fishy! Family-Friendly Seafood For Lent




















Where we leave, it is a very Catholic-centric population.  Which means that this time of year, you can't go anywhere in town without seeing a Lenten Dinner sign advertising a fish fry or some other non-red meat-filled dinner being served up as a church fundraiser or community outreach event.

But, alas, our little picky eater is not much for a fish fry, even if it does make momma's evening easier for not having to cook.

But since I love seafood -- especially when it is prepared more healthfully than being fried up -- I've been searching around for some healthier yet still family friendly for our picky one sorts of recipes.  I think I've found a few that will work for us, and I thought I'd share with everyone else.  Enjoy!


--  Sauteed Tilapia with Lemon-Peppercorn Pan Sauce
-- Pan-Grilled Snapper with Orzo Pasta Salad
-- Tuna Cornbread Cakes
-- Easy Baked Fish Fillets
-- Bourbon-Glazed Salmon
-- Halibut with Rosemary, Tomato and Zucchini in Foil Packets
-- Broiled Tilapia Gyros
-- Striped Bass Meuniere
-- Cajun-Baked Catfish

(Photo via justaddwater2001.)

No comments: