Friday, August 12, 2011

Back to the Library

I can finally get back into school to work on the library today.  Hooray!

There is lots to do and school begins on August 17th for us, so the window of time to get everything done is really, really tiny.

I've spent the last couple of days making bulletin board and display materials:  signs for the "books we love" display pointing out fantasy, mystery, new to the library, sports, friendships, etc., etc. types of books for the kids; along with making "books" out of brightly colored thicker scrapbook paper, using an off-white as a small rectangle on the side that I then "striped" with a Sharpie to look like pages.

They turned out pretty well -- will take some pictures when I get them up and maybe do a step-by-step photo montage for folks to see how to make them if anyone is interested.

Today will be a long, sweaty slog -- between shelving and finishing the decor, but it will be worth it to finish everything up completely between now and next Wednesday.

Hope you have a great day.  If you need me, I'll be at the library, figuring out a way to inspire young minds...


(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.  This is a pix of the Pre-K and K area of the library, just without the bins I ended up using to organize a lot of the picture books.  I'll get some new pictures early next week so you can see the end result.  I'm really pleased with how cheery and colorful it is looking!)

No comments: