Friday, July 1, 2011

Running To Stand Still?

I've been back on the Weight Watchers kick for the last two weeks...and the depressing news is that I have not lost one pound.

The good news is that we are eating much healthier and that I'm feeling good about it, even if the pounds are not melting off like the last time.

Since this is most likely due to the fact that I learned my eating lessons last year and have been making better food and portion choices overall since last summer's class, it is probably a net win overall.  And, honestly?  I find the new "Points Plus" program a little confusing in terms of the points changes and shift in emphasis from one food to the next, but I'm working on it and we'll see where this goes.

I could stand to see the scale move even a little in the downward direction.  You know, just in case someone in the universe is in wish-granting mode.

I know that what I really need is to kick my lazy behind into gear and get some daily exercise.  But, honestly, I wore myself out doing most of the initial library push this year, and my muscles and joints are still unhappy with me at the moment.  Since they are re-doing floors at school and I haven't been able to get in the building to work, I've been trying to give myself a break.

But I think that taking a break may have been the wrong strategy because my body was starting to adjust to daily activity.  How can you know?


This weekend, we are taking a family trip up to Pittsburgh to visit a couple of museums and maybe the zoo.  The hotel we are staying at has a gym facility that I'm planning to use for a little bit every day, and we'll see what that does for me.

It's not a lot, but it is at least a start.  Anyone else feel like they've been running to stand still lately on some project or dream or even just life in general?  Do tell...

(Photo via wanko.)

No comments: