Friday, March 4, 2011

Seeking Clarity

I woke up this morning humming an Indigo Girls tune.

Remember this one?
I woke up with a headache like my head against a board
Twice as cloudy as I'd been the night before
I went in seeking clarity.
Love the Indigo Girls.  Their song, Closer to Fine (YouTube), has always been one of my favorites with its kicky melody and deeper, introspective lyrics.

You have to love a great tune that actually makes you think, don't you?

I have a laundry list of things to do about a mile long today.  All the sickness in the house, mine included, has really backed things up at an insane level here and my goal is just to get us back to some base level for the weekend. 

But what I feel like doing?  Running away to a tropical beach or curling up with a good book or something equally frivolous and unproductive to give my brain some space. 


If I can get through the bulk of the "to do" list today, that's just what I plan on doing this weekend -- the least I can possibly get away with and still be sentient.

Isn't that what we all hope for in a weekend, really?  Hope yours is a good one.

(Photo via Remo Casella.  I adore this picture -- really nicely shot, isn't it?  Love it.)

No comments: