Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lemon Meltaway Cookie Recipe

I got a few requests for the lemon meltaway cookie recipe as well, after mentioning I'd made them.

I use a recipe that I clipped from a Land 'O Lakes butter package ages ago, and it really is the yummiest one I've ever tried.  I did a bit of digging around, and found their Lemon Meltaway recipe online now.  I've reviewed it to be sure it is the same one I use.  (It is.)

The only thing I do differently?  I use store-bought frosting that comes in the little can -- I like the Duncan Hines lemon frosting because it has more zing to it.  I used to make my own but, honestly, the canned frosting is easier and it tastes pretty similar to (if not better than) what I make on my own.

I frost them with the lemon frosting and then sprinkle the tops with some yellow sugar crystals.  They look lovely.  And better yet?

These cookies are delicious, but incredibly delicate, so be forewarned: the dough is tender, the cookie is more so after it is baked, so frosting is your friend.   I give mine a hefty swipe of frosting on the top to help keep the tender cookie all in one piece.

These will absolutely disappear from your cookie tray. They literally melt in your mouth.

(This is a closer shot of the Alice in Wonderland ornament on our Christmas tree for Suz so she can see the detail a little better.  Isn't it adorable?  This is another one of my photos.  FWIW, the lemon meltaways are perfect with a cuppa tea...)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

ska-weeel... thanks christy