Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Last Of The Cookies

We're finishing up the last of the cookies today.

It's another snow day from school for The Peanut, and I'm immensely grateful to the snickerdoodle dough for providing a good diversion this morning.

Last night, I made a double batch of chocolate walnut fantasy fudge with Mr. ReddHedd's assistance.  I tasted it this morning -- well, the cook has to be sure it tastes right, doesn't she? -- and it may very well be the best batch we've ever made.

Seriously nummy, fudgy, chocolatey goodness.

I'm debating whether to make a batch of oatmeal toffee cookies to finish things off.  Oatmeal cookies are Mr. ReddHedd's favorites, but we have a ton of cookies and I'm thinking that I may save them for a "just for us" batch over Christmas instead.

Frankly, I'm just beat from all the baking.


Every year I swear I won't do this again next year, because it wears me out.  I can't just bake a couple of cookies, I have to do a huge array -- it is as though I have this compulsive drive to keep baking and baking and baking until I collapse.  It is taking "just one more batch" to a crazy art form.

In any case, this year I'm done early, which is rather nice for once.


(Photo is one of mine.  The dancing Santa ornament is my husband's favorite from when he was a little boy.  Was trying to focus on the glitter, but that's a tough detail to pick out well, isn't it?)

No comments: