Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Weather Outside Is Frightful

It's definitely bird feeder refill season out there this morning.  With the wind chill, it's below zero outside, and all the birdies are fluffed out and desperately seeking nuts and seeds.

Can't blame them.  I'm inside and still a little chilly this morning myself.

The thermometer says 8 degrees out there, but I think it may have gotten stuck because it feels a lot lower.  At some point, though, I'm going to have to brave the chilly weather and go out to refill all the feeders or risk a cranky birdie mutiny today.

No one wants that, now do they?


The weather outside really is frightful today.  I'll be tackling the rest of my kitchen clean-up and reorganization and, if the two-hour delay for school doesn't turn into another day off, I also have some presents to wrap.  All inside the toasty warmth of my house, thank you very much.  During my storm-addled trip to the store, I picked up some apple cider -- I sense a heated mug of cider with some apple pie spice in it in my future today.

Maybe several.

Gretchen Rubin of the Happiness Project had a few tips on surviving holiday stress that I thought were useful, especially number 6:  make time for real fun.  Having spent the last snow day helping build with Legos, I can vouch for the efficacy of some play time about now.

How are things with you?  You surviving this Christmas season intact?

(Photo via _Fearless_.)

1 comment:

Christy Hardin Smith said...

Turns out there was a reason for my being chilly in here this morning -- someone had left one of the windows in the sunroom ever so slightly ajar, and freezing cold air was pouring through the crack.

Grrrr.....arrrrrgh.

Now that it is shut tightly? Much, much better.