Monday, November 15, 2010

What's For Dinner?

What's for dinner tonight at your house?

I'm planning:

-- Ham:  cooked on LOW in the crockpot with a little water and three whole cloves in the liquid.  I like the extra flavor of the cloves, and slow cooking the ham makes it really moist and tender.

-- Slow Cooker Collard Greens:  had to modify this recipe a bit to use some chopped, smoked ham instead of a smoked turkey wing because my local grocery was out, as well as regular low-sodium chicken stock and some salt free Tony Cachere's creole seasoning instead of the Italian broth.

Both of these are cooking away in my crockpots on the counter.  My kitchen smells divine right now.

-- Mini-Cornbread Muffins:  will bake these later, closer to dinner time.


-- And probably some other vegetable something-or-other, perhaps some sweet potato oven fries, or maybe some macaroni and cheese, depending on my mood when I get home this evening after running some errands.

So, what's for dinner at your house tonight?  Do tell...

(Photo of cornbread muffins via Back To The Cutting Board.)

6 comments:

Prairie Sunshine said...

Answer: The chicken version of shepherd's pie, with small potatoes sliced thin as ring-around tops instead of mashed potatoes. A swipe of olive oil over the potatoes, and a sprinkle of hot pepper pepper.

How's it taste? Hmmm, don't know yet, but the oven's smelling niiiiiiiiiiice.

~ Prairie Sunshine / Sandy

Anonymous said...

Yes, really. And I have faced it. Let's discuss this question.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

I like this site. Really nice place for all

Anonymous said...

Good Article