Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's A Totoro Kind Of Rainy Day



For some reason, I just woke up in a Miyazaki mood this morning. Must be the rain here today.

Or a need for a play day.

In any case, the above scene is from the original My Neighbor Totoro.


It is one of my favorites -- I just love how much fun Totoro has with his discovery of an umbrella.  So fun.

In the American release version, Dakota and Elle Fanning do the voices of Satsuki and Mei.

It's not quite the same as watching the original Japanese version -- which I prefer, actually, because it draws me into the film more with the concentration required to watch them that way.  But that is how The Peanut first saw all of the Miyazaki films because she was watching them before she could read.  Which means that's how I have been watching them the last few years, too, since we watch them together most of the time.

I love this little video (YouTube) put together to show the behind-the-scenes voiceover production, because the two girls are adorable in it.

No comments: