Thursday, October 14, 2010

No Wire Hangers



I spent a chunk of the day cleaning out my closet and sorting through a lot of clothes that should have gone out to pasture years ago.  It's funny how something like that just sneaks up on you, isn't it?

Seriously, I found a pair of jeans that I haven't worn since my undergraduate years in there.  It was brutal.

But now?

I'm 3/4 of the way done and it's looking much better, plus I can actually find things to wear that both fit and look good.

I had gotten some cool new hangers to try and I love them.  No idea who this Joy Mangano woman is, but I am loving her amusingly named Huggable Hangers.

We'll see how my clothes do with them over the next coupla weeks. But thus far? Even my silk blouses are staying put which is a minor miracle.

It was a lot of sorting today, because my closet was way too crammed full of crap.  Anything that wouldn't have made the cut with Stacy and Clinton got culled today.  Well, most of it anyway -- a girl has to have a few items of comfy clothing, right?


Tomorrow, I'll finish up the closet and tackle my drawers.  Look out t-shirt collection, here I come.


(For some reason, a little Mommie Dearest seemed appropriate today.  lol)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at homecelebration.blogspot.com.

Can I use some of the information from your post above if I provide a link back to your site?

Thanks,
James

Christy Hardin Smith said...

Sure James -- feel free.

Tracy said...

Huggable Hangers are all I use now! They are amazing. I am able to pack all my clothes into a small closet by using only these hangers. No wire hangers. No cute store hangers. Everything else is banner from the closet. It stays so much neater this way. I'm glad you found these. They are often on sale vis HSN or QVC. You can also get a similar (though not exact) hanger at Bed, Bath & Beyond.