Saturday, September 4, 2010

Waiting For My Coffee

It's going to be a long day here.

The Italian Heritage Festival (warning:  loud Italian music at the link that I can't figure out how to turn off -- mute button at the ready) is going on this weekend, and I've volunteered to help with one of the booths we are using for school fundraising.  Not sure if I am helping with bingo or pepsi pouring, but either way, I hope we raise a little money for the school.

If any local readers are planning to go, the St. Mary's fundraising booth is around 4th and Main, or somewhere thereabouts anyway.  Please feel free to drop by!


I'll be thinking about the peace and quiet of Yellowstone, because the crowds are not really my thing.  Funny how my innate shyness and hermit-like qualities come out in abundance when I have to do something like this.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

(Gorgeous photo of the lower falls on the Yellowstone River via v1ctory_1s_m1ne.)

2 comments:

danny said...

This weekend I'm attending the Chicago Jazz Festival in Grant Park. Tonight the highlight was Chuchito Valdez. Tomorrown night is Kurt Elling.

I've heard so much good music this summer, much of it for free.

Christy Hardin Smith said...

Oh wow, now that sounds fun. I looooove jazz -- and in the past year or so, Mr. ReddHedd has picked up on my habit, too. When we were in New Orleans, we had such a blast just listening to all the buskers, who were fantastic. I could do with a bluegrass busker or two here in WV, but alas, there are none where we live.