Monday, July 12, 2010

Thoughts On The Redesign?

I reworked my blog template design quite a bit this morning.

The old design was a little fussy and I didn't like the feel of it -- it didn't wear well after a while, you might say.  What I have tried to do is come up with a cleaner, more open feel for reading and I hope I've achieved it.

The various fonts, typefaces and colors were selected for visual pop on my iMAC.  But I want to be certain that the readability is good for everyone, no matter what they are reading on at the moment.

So please, let me know if a particular color or font is problematic for you.  And share your thoughts on how this looks overall -- like it, love it or hate it?  Let me know.

I'm not the world's biggest tech whiz.  But I did want to find a way to make things a little more restful for the eyes while you are here.  Hope I succeeded -- if not, please do let me know.


(Lovely hummingbird shot via Danny Perez Photography.  Some really lovely nature shots in this portfolio -- do take some time to browse.)

6 comments:

Christy Hardin Smith said...

I tried to go for high contrast between font and background color, so I'm hoping that the readability for everyone -- especially folks with sight issues -- is good. Please let me know if there are problems. Thanks mucho!

Tracy said...

Can I steal the book background? I love it! Where'd you get it?

The contrast is good, but you still have a bit too many font colors for my taste. You should match the post headlines to the header headline.

I'd also explore making the header a bit narrower.

Overall, I love it though. Big improvement! xoxo

Christy Hardin Smith said...

Thanks Tracy -- I re-jiggered some of the color (it was too varied for me, too, frankly, but I was having trouble matching it up well). I think I've got a good blend now -- see what you think.

The background picture was a stock one that they had on blogger, believe it or not, in their new design template section. Took me forever to browse through all the possibilities and find what I wanted. And then it took me longer to get just the right shade of robin's egg blue for the background shade. *g* But I love it -- really feels like me, somehow.

Suzanne said...

the contrast works well with my pc using firefox and older eyes.

looks good -- and i love the book background

Phil said...

It works fer me dear. My eyes are shot and people that do crazy things like putting blue on black, I just can't read.
That reminds me. I need to go to the dollar store and get some new spectacles.

I told ya I would swing by once in a while.

Busted

Molly said...

Looks great, Christy. I like it.