Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Picnic In The Park Day

The Peanut's school has their end-of-the-year picnic in the park today.

And I'll be going over to enjoy a day of excessive heat at a park with very little shade, overcooked hot dogs and loud child noises.

The fact that I'm looking forward to it clearly proves that I am losing my mind, doesn't it?

Especially since it is a smallish park with not a lot of gym equipment, and a lot of kids to share it.  But it's within walking distance of the school.

In any case, I'm planning on packing a book or two in case reading is needed, along with lots of water and sunscreen and my largest sun hat


Still no solution to the school building problem, which is frustrating but, sadly, expected on some level.  Whatever Plan B is going to end up being, we should find it sooner rather than later.

But today?  It's all about having a bit of fun.  We could all use it...

(Lovely macro shot of a picnic basket via stevendepolo.)

1 comment:

Mr. ReddHedd said...

Your forgetting the cool family cemetery next to the park. How much fun is that?