Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dinner At Sunset

It's one of those days where everything seems to be running late, including this post.

And getting dinner started.

Tonight, it's a quick meal that is baking as I type this:  oven roasted potatoes and onions (toss chopped potatoes and onions with some olive oil, then sprinkle on seasoning of choice -- tonight it's some Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning) along with my version of oven-fried fish.

I played around with a recipe from Cooking Light, and used tilapia this evening since I couldn't find any decent catfish fillets.

Douse your fish fillets in hot sauce -- I used Crystal hot sauce, and rubbed it all over both sides of the fish.  Then I mixed together cornmeal and some Tony Cachere's seasoning on a paper plate, and rolled the fish fillets in it, pressing down to adhere the cornmeal well on both sides.


You pop the coated fish fillet onto a jellyroll pan covered in foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Repeat until you've gotten all your fish ready.  I gave each fillet a second sprinkle with the cajun seasoning because I like my fish with a little more sass, then sprayed each with a squirt or two of butter-flavored cooking spray to help brown the cornmeal a little better. 

Pop this in a 400 F oven for 14-18 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fish).  It's not fried, but you'd swear it was when you eat it.

Since my oven timer is dinging, mine's ready to eat now.  Nummy!

Time to make a salad picked fresh from our little garden, and we're ready to annihilate the rumbly in our tumblies.

(Gorgeous photo via Tambako the Jaguar.  Love this!)

No comments: