Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Breakfast: Silk Road Journey



I adore the music of the Silk Road Ensemble.  Not only does it have the genius that is Yo-Yo Ma on the cello, but it gives me tiny glimpses of magical places along the ancient Silk Road with every lovely note.

Its incredibly inspirational when I'm trying to work on any fiction, and it pulls me along with a fusion of modern inquiry and ancient, lyrical mysticism in music. Fascinating stuff.

They have never been in concert anywhere near where we live, but I would go in a heartbeat if I ever got the chance.

In the meantime, I'll content myself with their CDs.  And with this bit of background from the group from a tour of China in 2007 in the above video -- it is a great introduction to their music and why they formed the group.

Wonderful viewing, especially if you have always wanted to travel to China like I have.  Or have a love of music and perfection of any creative craft.

Enjoy a vacation from the ordinary today...

No comments: