Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fly Away...Home

The Peanut and I took her new puppy -- an adorable Westie named Roxie -- for a long walk to a local park today.

It was the sort of warm, sunny, blue sky day in Spring where the slight breeze still has a bit of the bite of winter frost, but the sunshine has enough heat to make you recall what August must be like.  With the wildflowers blooming just as the daffodils and tulips begin to fade, I was struck by the quickness that the rhythm of life has taken on as I've aged.

I sat on a park bench and watched my daughter and her puppy run around amongst the needed-a-good-mowing field of dandelions, violets and other blooming lovelies.

And the speed at which life is passing by crashed over me like a ton of bricks.

My beloved baby girl is suddenly a leggy seven year old.  In the blink of an eye, she will be headed off to college. 

The days disappear like the wisps of dandelion fluff.  And they are even more impossible to catch as the days breeze by us all.

(Gorgeous photo via nerdegutt.  Just a perfect capture of a moment, isn't it?)

No comments: