Monday, August 27, 2007

Back In The Saddle...


Life has a way of dragging you along without you even realizing that time has gone by until suddenly you look up and you are miles down the road. Another month has passed without my beginning the exercise program that I keep promising myself I'll get started. This week, I get back in the saddle.

Say it with me: I deserve to be healthy and to feel better, to have more energy and to take care of myself first and foremost. Because when momma isn't happy, no one is happy.

In the meantime, I've been trying to organize some of the clutter that is threatening to take over our home. Why is it that everything just sort of piles up on the flat surfaces when you aren't looking? It is as though there is a magazine breeding program at our house -- but I found some cute magazine holders at our local Target and am trying to sort through the pile of "keep" and "good lord, what was I thinking when I bought that dreck." (You don't want to know...)


The good news is that I've gotten five large garbage bags stuffed full of clothing taken over to the local Goodwill, and am hoping to clear out some more in the coming days. We have baby toys in the garage that our four year old no longer plays with or notices, and I'm certain some soon-to-be momma could use them in her own home someday.

Sure hope they bring their new family as much joy as they did when our little Peanut played with them.
In any case, The Peanut deserves a healthier, happier momma. And momma deserves that, too. So this week, it's back in the saddle with a mission to make time for exercise somehow and to also take better care of myself. Easier said than done...
(Photo of saddles via jimmedia.)

No comments: