Saturday, March 14, 2020

Introducing the Pandemic Book Club





Hello Dear Readers,

In response to my friend Tracy, who is under strict quarantine rules in Italy at the moment (waves to Tracy!), and the need for a lot of my friends and family for a fun escape from the chaos of toilet paper foraging, this Pandemic Book Club was born.

After batting around several book ideas, a friend pointed out that we were talking about it on Pi day, and so The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society was selected as our first book club read.

We need to pick a date and time for the book club discussion, which we'll do through the comments and also maybe on Facebook?   Could everyone be done reading the book by March 24th?  That would be next Tuesday -- it's a great read, and one that goes quickly because you don't want to put it down.

Thoughts?  Share in the comments below.

(The link above - and at the side of the blog - goes to my blog's Amazon Associates account.  If you purchase though that link, then I get a small percentage of the sale.  I use any proceeds for classroom purchases for my high school history classes.  Thank you!)

No comments: