Thursday, July 5, 2018

History in the Writing?




















Dear friends:

This coming year, I've been asked to teach a couple of AP US history and government classes, along with my regular load of US history, world history and civics.  In assessing my supplemental books in the classroom, I've realized that we need more biographies and history treatments on a number of topics.  But due to the cost of buying new editions being so high, and coming out of my pocket, stocking an AP history library is a little cost prohibitive.

As we've moved from the old house to the new one, I've combed through our personal library and set aside a number of our books to take in for my class.  But our personal library only gets me so far.

So I am asking for a little help.   

If you have books on American history, US presidents, early civilizations, Native Americans, world history, ancient empires...pretty much anything history related that is in decent shape that you would also be willing to mail to me, I will take it off your hands.

Christy Smith
P.O. Box 187
Clarksburg, WV 26302

Authors and titles that I would love:
-- David McCollough
-- Gordon Wood
-- Doris Kearns Goodwin
-- Ron Chernow
-- Stephen Ambrose
-- Nathan Philbrick
-- Jon Meacham
-- Joseph Ellis

-- Any of the Library of America books would be awesome.
-- Any biographies about American presidents, famous Americans, particular periods of American history like the Civil War, the Civil Rights movement, either World War, etc.
-- Any histories of Ancient empires -- Greece, Rome, Egypt, etc. -- would be very welcome, too.  Including books about ancient mythologies, as my kids love those.

If you have books that you were thinking about donating to a local library, please consider donating them to a classroom full of eager learners instead.  I promise to put them to good use this year and for years to come.  Thank you so much!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Hi Christy, I sent an email to your chsmailbag address. Too long for a comment here. Thanks.

ChristyHardinSmith said...

Thank you, Mike! :)

ChristyHardinSmith said...

Thank you, Mike! :)