Monday, October 26, 2015

Preparing for Winter Hibernation




















On Saturday, an order of books for the school library came with another order for me, something that is worth stocking up on for the long winter months ahead.

If you are a tea drinker, like I am, then you really should do yourself the favor of trying some Taylors of Harrogate, Yorkshire Gold Black Tea.  If you use filtered water, and heat it just to boiling, and then allow one of these tea bags to steep for about 4 minutes, you will swear that the cuppa tea you are having came from some little English grandmother somewhere directly from Yorkshire.  It is that tasty and perfection in a cup.

It is my major food vice, and one that I start to crave when the weather begins to turn cold.

The wonderful thing is that I bought several books -- 10 to be precise! -- and this large box of tea which will last me for months with blog money earned by purchases made through my Amazon links.    So thank you to the wonderful people who click through one of these Amazon links or who use the Amazon search box in the right-hand column to make purchases.

It really does add up to a lot of wonderful new books for my school library!

Including what looks like an adorable Christmas story for my kiddos:  Oh, What a Christmas!  It is written and illustrated by the same fellow who did the wonderful Miss Smith series, about a teacher with a magical storybook.  We just read Miss Smith and the Haunted Library last week, and the kids adored it.  (It doesn't hurt that their very own librarian is named Mrs. Smith, now does it?)

I am in the market for some new books to read for myself.


Have been dabbling in mysteries and the supernatural a bit of late, and am wondering if there are any mystery books with a fantastical, science fiction or fantasy bent that you have enjoyed.  If so, do tell!  This would be for my reading enjoyment, and not to read to my little kiddos, just FYI.  Winter is speeding toward us, and I'd like some good stuff in my "to read" pile before the snow flies.

Thank you to everyone who has ordered using this blog -- you really do make a difference in my little school library each and every time you order through here. Thanks again!

(Photo via Unique Hotels:  Tea House in winter - Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa.)

Blogger disclosure:  Links in this post may include links to my Amazon account.  Purchases made through these links on this blog contributes a few pennies to me, which are then used for purchases for the school library.  Thanks so much for all of your support!

No comments: