Monday, September 15, 2014

That Hint Of Fall



















We awoke to a crisp, foggy morning, with the unmistakable feel of Fall in the air.  The sun has yet to burn through the mist, so the birds are wending their way through the hazy chill to our feeders in little dribs and drabs this morning.

There are so many things that need to be done today.  But the chill in the air makes me feel like curling up under a blanket and hibernating.

I have put on my cozy Ugg boots and a heavy sweatshirt in an effort to stave off turning on the heat.  It isn't quite time, yet, but this morning I can really feel that winter is coming.

Today will be spent catching up on laundry and schoolwork, for I am behind on both, with a dash of getting things clean and set back up again for the week ahead.

This school year, it feels like every day is a race to see if I can make it to the end of the week with anything left in my tank.  So far, the answer to that is no.  My doctor told me that the back end of chemo and radiation, especially treatment that came so closely together like mine had to do, may take several years for my exhaustion to ease.  The mental clarity is coming back, but the physical recovery from the breast cancer treatment is lagging.  Not certain what, if anything, can be done about this except to grit my teeth and keep trying to move forward.

Today feels like a good day for some hot cider.  First time I've been able to say that in months.  It really is starting to feel like Fall.

(Photo via Pete.)

No comments: