Friday, September 5, 2014

Count Your Many Blessings






































Yesterday evening, The Peanut cheered at her first football game.  As you can see from the big smile, she enjoyed it despite being in the hot sun on a swelteringly humid and hot day.

I don't think that smile left her face all evening.  Truly.

Sitting on the sidelines, gratitude hit me like a wave.  For so long during my breast cancer treatment slog the last few years, there was always that fear lurking in the back of my mind that I would not get to see her grow up, that I would miss little moments like this with her along the way.

But I am here and, as far as we know anyway, am doing well.

Here is to more days like this to come in the years ahead.  Take a moment today to count your many blessings, because it truly does make the day seem so much brighter as a perspective on the world around you.



(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.)

No comments: