Friday, August 22, 2014

Just Imagine



























We have a day filled with thunderstorms ahead of us, if the weather reports are anything close to accurate.  The sky outside is gray and the wind is picking up, so much so that the birdies are being tossed about a little bit amid the blustery gusts.

It is a perfect day for crawling back into bed with a good book and a cuppa tea.

Remember when you used to do that as a kid on a bad weather day?  I did that all the time, curling up with a book and losing myself in its pages for hours on a snow day off from school or a rainy weekend day.

We lose that a bit as adults, with our endless "to do" lists and rushing from one task, one commitment to the next.  One of my goals this year is to make time to savor the little things -- like some uninterrupted fun reading time -- a little more frequently.

Now, if I can only figure out how to tackle my endless "to do" list a little more efficiently, perhaps I can get to that book that's been lingering on my nightstand a little too long...


(Photo via Juliana Cotinho.)

No comments: