Monday, July 28, 2014

Get Here




One of my all-time favorites, Oleta Adams, singing "Get Here."

Her voice blows me away every single time.

This one is for Mr. ReddHedd, who had to listen to me singing this song, over and over again, to my pregnant belly when I was on strict bedrest with The Peanut.  It was my instant calm song while I laid very, very still trying not to have a miscarriage and keep my blood pressure in check.

Then, it was the song that was sung the most at the 2:00 am feedings, in the little rocking chair out on the landing outside our bedroom, to soothe our hungry baby back to sleep so we could crawl back into bed, too.  It was the go to song, along with Rainbow Connection (from the original Muppet Movie), for our wee girlie's bedtime requests, night after night, for the first 7 years of her life.

I cannot hear this song without all of that washing back over me like a wave.  It makes me smile.

Funny how music can connect at such a primal level, isn't it?  Takes me right back.


Blogger disclosure:  Links in this post may include links to my Amazon account.  Purchases made through these links on this blog contributes a few pennies to me, which are then used for purchases for the school library.  Thanks so much for all of your support!


No comments: