Monday, March 24, 2014

No. More. Snow. Please.




















My daffodils have finally begun to bloom, and are cheerily nodding in the breeze.

Whatever snowstorm may theoretically be lurking off in the distance should be on notice:  if my blooms get frozen, there will be some serious grumping in this house.

You have been warned, Mother Nature...

Although, just in case, I did manage to get out this evening and fill all the bird feeders and suet baskets. The fact that they had been completely cleaned out, and that our big feeder had a tiny chickadee in it scratching at the leavings trying to find any seed remnant, makes me a little afraid that we might actually get a boatload of snow again. Aiiiyeeee -- it is the Energizer Bunny winter this year, isn't it? It keeps going and going and going.

Please miss us.  Please.  I beg you, winter.


(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.)

No comments: