Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Mardi Gras!





















Although we are not in New Orleans today (alas!), we will be celebrating Mardi Gras nonetheless, regardless of all the snow and ice still hanging around outside. 

Or perhaps because of it.  We desperately need a little more Mardi Gras in our systems at this point in the relentless winter storm-o-rama we have dealt with this year.

Life has been insanely busy for me this week.  Lesson planning, curriculum revisions, hand-out revamping: all of the above has been taking up my entire weekend and beyond.  It will be worth it when we get going, but the recent snow days have just been extending my obsessive need to get this exactly right.

So, time to stop for a little while.  It is break time to think about something more delicious:  which New Orleans style meal do I want to make for dinner tonight in honor of Mardi Gras? 

So many delicious choices.

As I sit here planning what I'm going to make for dinner this evening, I thought everyone else might benefit from some delicious Mardi Gras meal ideas and recipes as well.

So here goes:


-- New Orleans Recipe Round-Up
-- Antipasto Muffaletta Pasta Salad
-- Super Bowl & Mardi Gras Recipes
-- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
-- Slow Cooker Dirty Rice


(Photo via Maitri.)

No comments: