Friday, December 6, 2013

Seeing Saving Mr. Banks Early!


Music - Saving Mr. Banks on Disney Video


Oooooh, I'm so excited!

Disney is doing some special preview showings of their upcoming film, Saving Mr. Banks, which stars Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks.  The film brings the rest of the world considerable back history on the making of one of my favorite films of all-time, Mary Poppins.

Absolutely love both of actors, and I adore Mary Poppins and always have.

As luck would have it, we are going to be in Florida, at Walt Disney World, when they are having a preview at the Disney Studios.  And...presto, through the magic of Disney, we have been invited to a premiere showing the evening of December 15th!

Woo hoo!

The little girl at my core is beyond thrilled, and I'll be humming "Let's Go Fly A Kite" for the next few days.

We saw the stage production via touring company in Pittsburgh not long ago, and we watch the movie on a regular basis, so this is really going to be a fun one for all of us.

When I was a little girl, this movie was one I would wait for all year long to come on Wonderful World of Disney.  It was such a favorite, that I devoured the original P. L. Travers books. One of my favorite games with my stuffed animals when I was little was pretending that I was Mary Poppins and they were my charges -- we'd go on walks in the park (our back yard) and then I'd have a picnic on the big rug in our basement with my granny and the "babies."  Pooh Bear was, of course, always included in the festivities.

Can you tell I'm a little excited?  Just a wee bit...

UPDATE:  This Variety piece on Emma Thompson and Saving Mr. Banks is superb.  Great read!  Why, yes, I am a little excited and obsessed at the moment.  Why do you ask?  hehehehe

No comments: