Saturday, July 27, 2013

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast





















Twelve hours of sleep later, and my body still isn't nearly rested enough.  The cell death and turnover phase of chemo is exhausting, and it looks like the last round isn't going to go any easier on me than the last three did.

Ugh.

On the other hand, this has given me a much better appreciation of the need to really slow down and savor rather than just rush through everything at full speed.  It is a lesson that I think I needed to learn a little more fully, quite frankly, given how "full speed ahead and the hell with the consequences" I can be when I want to accomplish something.

Let's just say that it isn't a perfect mindset, but I'm working on it.

Slow down a little today, too, and hit the pause button on something you want to savor a little more deeply.  The last few weeks, I've learned that if I slow down a bit more, The Peanut likes to sit with me and talk about whatever happens to be going on with her at the moment -- and I love it.  A lot.

It really is the little things...


(Photo via Stephen D.  This adorable westie looks just like our Roxie when she's sleeping, too -- so cute!)

No comments: