Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Last Trip Down The Chemo Rabbit Hole Today





















Today is my last chemo treatment.  Yay.

Assuming, of course, that all of my blood work is in order and that my doc is satisfied that whatever toxicity issues I've been having have cleared enough to proceed.  Here's hoping, because I am beyond ready to be finished with this stage of things. 

It will be nice to have my taste buds back, if nothing else.

Am a little worried about getting entirely through things today given how my system has reacted through the last cycle.  But there is nothing for it but to plunge, chin up and back straight, once more into the breach.

As always, good thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.


(Photo via Missy Martinez.)

3 comments:

bg said...

Periodically I am checking in and keeping up with your PROGRESS! Good for you, good for today, and all good energy for the many tomorrows, past this milestone and on to a healthful road ahead!

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to say I am thinking of you and hoping this last round of chemo went well.

Christy Hardin Smith said...

Made it through the last round. Fewer hiccups than we expected, but I am exhausted from the slog. Will have to take it easy for a few days, but I'm hopeful things will begin to improve as we move forward. Hope is a thing with that Emily Dickinson knew what she was saying, didn't she?