Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ice Cream Castles In The Air

















...I've looked at clouds from both sides now,
from up and down, and still somehow
it's cloud illusions I recall.
I really don't know clouds at all...  
-- Joni Mitchell, Both Sides Now


It is a sort of contemplation day combined with a lot of lesson planning. 

A "catch up" day, if you will, here at our house, and one that will no doubt involve a lot of random notebook slap-dashery and a whole host of printer ink.  It will definitely involve some laundry, too.  I swear, it seems like the stuff breeds in our laundry hampers just to be a nuisance.

What I really want, though, is to spend some time being creative in some way.  Look out pinterest bookmarks, that's what I say.


It is the sort of day where my Joni Mitchell, Loreena McKinnett, Florence Welch, Sting and/or Babel Gilberto channels on Pandora will be getting a serious workout. 

Feeling eclectic and creative today, so I might as well channel that into my lesson planning, right?  And, in the meantime, spend a little time in the back of my mind thinking creatively about what I want to do and how I want to do it while I sort the laundry darks and whites and run things around in the dryer.

Being a grown-up is awfully hard sometimes, isn't it?

(Gorgeous photo via Flemming.)














No comments: