Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Laughter Is The Best Medicine





A few days ago, a package arrived in the mail, bringing a truly fun movie to our doorstep.  To whomever sent it to me, I am very, very grateful, as it had been on my Amazon wish list and arrived at our house without a note attached letting me know from whence it came.  Thank you, lovely gifting person.

It's so funny how something can show up when you most need a laugh, isn't it?  Serendipitous humor is awesome that way.

Have you ever watched Calendar Girls, with Helen Mirren, Julie Walters, Ciaran Hinds, Penelope Wilton, and a whole host of other British fabulousness?  You really should.

My niece, Hannah, and I watched it yesterday and laughed ourselves silly.  Just what I needed on the day I had to shave my hair down to a stubble.

I don't know what it is with my affinity for British cinema and teevee BritComs, but I find them incredibly diverting.  And just now, diverting is truly appreciated.

If folks have suggestions for other possibilities, I am all ears.  Laughter really is the best medicine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not a BritCom, but it made me laugh (especially Alec Baldwin): Rock of Ages

bg said...

Glad you had some good laughter!

Mauigirl said...

That was a hilarious movie, loved it. Glad it brought you cheer!

(Mimi Michalski from Facebook)