Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Coming Out Of The Fog





















One of the weirder aspects of chemo treatment is that your brain gets a little foggy -- the so-called "chemo brain" -- while you are grinding your way through the treatments.  Sometimes, thinking can be nearly impossible, sometimes everything is back to normal as if treatment were not ongoing.

Today is one of those days where I feel like I am coming out of the fog.  But how to maximize it? 

Thus far, I haven't done much work on anything for school:  my brain just hasn't been in the game enough to really concentrate in any meaningful way.  Today, though, it feels like things are clearing up a bit, so working on some school projects might actually be possible.


The house could use a bit of organization as well.  Maybe we combine a few tasks and accomplish something today while my brain is capable of mentally multi-tasking. 

The key is figuring out how to get some things done without completely overdoing it and setting myself back a bit. 

Balance is really hard to master.  It's funny that having to deal with chemo and all of its restrictions and side effects and the limitations that spring out of all of that is helping me to see the need for balance so much more clearly.

(Photo via Javier Padreira.)

No comments: