Friday, March 15, 2013

Springing Into Action



















The Peanut will turn 10 next week.   She will officially hit the double digits...and I cannot believe it, either.

She simply refuses to stay tiny for us and has decided, instead, to grow up into a lovely little lady.  Go figure.  While I suppose we couldn't keep her tiny forever, she could have at least given us a few more years of savoring her babyhood instead of growing up so quickly, right?

It really does go by in the blink of an eye, doesn't it?


This weekend, we are going to take the time to savor the last few days of her nine-year-old splendor.  In the face of my recent breast cancer diagnosis, taking that time with her has become a more urgent need for me, and having the time together before whatever treatment rodeo I get dragged down the next few weeks will be all the more important, I would imagine, for all of our sakes.

So, if you need me, I'll probably be at Chuck E. Cheese, or a science museum, or the zoo or something else fun and frivolous for the weekend.  Because suddenly that phrase "life is too short" has a whole new level of meaning for me, and I'm going to start taking it a lot more seriously and go out and DO something fun with my beloved husband and baby girl.

Find something fun to do with your family this weekend, too.   Have a few giggles on me...

(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.  All rights reserved.)


No comments: