Sunday, December 16, 2012

Run, Run, Run


















Only 9 days to go until Christmas, and the space under our tree now comes at a premium.  Presents need to start going out of the house to the intended recipients before more come in, that's for sure.

Thank goodness for the LEGO Advent Calendar or The Peanut would be bursting at the seams at this point.

Today is the annual Christmas play at school. 

This year, The Peanut gets to be an angel in the nativity.  Which means a much prettier costume than last year's camel outfit, so she's pleased with everything but the hair curlers she had to wear to bed last night. 

I love this time of year.  Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday.  I just wish it were less hectic -- this year has been even crazier than usual, and it feels like all we have done for days on end is run, run, run.

More of that to come today, I'm afraid.  At some point, things have to slow down a little bit, right?  Alas, I am not so certain of that as I sit here this morning...

(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.  One of my favorite ornaments on our tree.)

No comments: