Wednesday, December 26, 2012

In Need Of Some Vacating...





















It has been an insanely busy year that has passed by in a flash.  I am told by folks with kids who are a bit older that this only increases as your kids get older and involved in more activities, and as you age as well.

Every once in a while, though, it is a really good thing to hit the pause button.

Am beginning to see how this is going to be an essential thing to learn how to do in my day to day life, perhaps adding in some downtime through meditation or yoga or some form of exercise time.  Being mindful when your life is rush, rush, rush, is not exactly an easy or intuitive thing.


In terms of long-term happiness and survival, though?  I can definitely see the benefits of a daily pause in the action for sanity's sake, let alone blood pressure considerations, as I age.

In the meantime, today is a day filled with laundry and putting away new Christmas clothes and packing up some suitcases and assorted items meant for fun.  There is some beach time in my future, and I could not be happier about it.

Enjoy the end of the year.  I'll be ringing the New Year in to the sounds and smells of the salt air, and the sand, and the waves crashing upon the beach...and spending time with the people that I love most in all the world, my family.

Wishing you nothing but joy and smiles in the days ahead...

(Photo via Lee Coursey.)

No comments: