Friday, December 7, 2012

20 Years Ago Today




Twenty years ago today, my best friend, the love of my life, and my soul mate asked me to marry him.

The funny thing is, at first, I thought he was breaking things off.

After a few tears, some backtracking and explanation, and a whole host of giggles at his expense, I said yes.  I'm so very glad I did.

Love you, baby.

PS --  This song was on this week's episode of Nashville.  If you are not watching Nashville every week, you are seriously missing out.  Just for Connie Britton's hair styles alone, it is so, so worth it. 

But the music?  Beyond exceptional this week.  This song, When the Right One Comes Along, made me bawl like a baby this morning while I was watching my DVR'd episode, and I had to share it.  It's just perfect.

Rolling Stone had an article last month on how the show is really striving for authenticity in the music and the music scene in and around Nashville.  Kudos to the writers and producers for doing it right.  Great stuff!

No comments: